Every aspect of what we do at Legacy reinforces our commitment to improve the lives of our staff, our patients and our visitors. Information Services is no exception. IS drives so much of what we do, and we look for experts in the field to lead the way. Do you have your finger on the pulse of information systems for business and health care? Can you analyze, build, test, support and maintain systems that will benefit our hospital system and those we serve? If so, we’d like to hear from you.
Legacy Health is in an active search for a dynamic System Engineer IV focused on platform integration, business continuity, automation, and a passion for leadership. This position will leverage existing and new technology as we grow our modern enterprise server, storage, and backup infrastructure. Successful candidates value collaboration, innovation, and are excited about optimizing delivery of care to our patients, and partners.
A successful candidate will value collaboration, innovation, and are excited about taking their teams to the next level. This position will be responsible for optimizing our production IT systems for performance and cost efficiencies, leveraging automation tools to streamline work efforts, implementing and supporting enterprise cloud products, on premise compute, and storage infrastructure. The ideal candidate will be able to learn and adapt to emerging technologies quickly in a rapidly changing IT environment, be self-directed and a problem solver, and have excellent oral and written skills.
The position will require experience and working knowledge of integration and automation Agile methodologies to deliver information services in an efficient and repeatable manner while reducing technical debt and eliminating redundant tasks with automation. Automation technologies include Microsoft Azure, Azure Devops, Powershell, Chef, Python, .Net, R script, and Power BI. Technologies include Cisco UCS, Hyper-V, Windows Servers, Cohesity, Pure, Rubrik, certificate services, Active Directory, DFS, and security solutions.
The System Engineer IV will be responsible for many functions including, but not limited to:
- Project leadership and project contribution for enterprise server, storage and backup services.
- Provide expert technical consultation on projects or other efforts to ensure well informed decision making.
- Identify new ways to leverage cloud and automation services to streamline and accelerate velocity within the discipline.
- Adhere to Agile focused code pipelining and automation methodologies and mentor team members on best practices within Azure Devops.
- Weave together intricate systems using a security first mindset and leveraging a variety of languages to increase quality and reliability of data exchanges and creating data insights for decision making.
- Storage and backup and related services, capacity forecasting, lifecycle management and budgeting.
- Independently diagnose and resolve escalated issues quickly and efficiently, provide expert level training and mentoring to other team members.
- Create comprehensive technical and process/procedural documentation and work with architects and leadership on standards development.
- On call responsibilities for systems and services that include escalations as they relate to server, storage, and backup infrastructure.
Education: Bachelor's degree in science, engineering, computer science, math, information systems, statistics or business required. Relevant experience (min. of 4 years) may be substituted for educational requirements.
Experience: 6+ years of experience in delivery of IT solutions to include server, storage, network, client systems engineering and/or security engineering required. 6-10+ years of experience preferred.
Skills: Thorough understanding of current development and trends in Information Technology and senior level experience in one or more of the following domains:
Strong soft skills, verbal and written communications, including the ability to turn complex technical topics into understandable terminology is a necessity.
This position must have the proven ability lead large projects and initiatives from kick off to completion.
This position builds trust among colleagues, be a continuous learner, and focus on delivering capabilities for the customer.
LEGACY’S VALUES IN ACTION
Follow guidelines set forth in Legacy’s Values in Action.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled
Current professional and/or technical certification(s) relevant to role required within twelve (12) months of hire.