The Vice President Laboratory Services provides direction for meeting the goals, objectives, policies and procedures for Legacy Laboratory Services, as well as the mission and standards of the organization.
This position develops and fosters effective collaboration among departments to ensure an integrated approach to providing services, including sharing best practices among reporting departments and utilizing best practices from other organizations. You will maintain visibility and open communication with front line staff and involve associates and direct reports in the decision-making process. As needed, you will take corrective action in situations requiring immediate intervention, including interpretation of hospital policy, work rules, and quality of care issues.
You will participate in the development of long-term business strategies and short-term business planning for reporting departments and for the organization. This position maintains an understanding of industry trends and recommends cost effective and efficient solutions. You will define financial targets in support of business goals and prepare the annual operating budget for assigned service areas. You will evaluate organizational functions and structure to best determine the allocation and utilization of services. You must maintains certification / accreditation for Lab with the following agencies: CAP, AABB, FDA, CMS, Substance Abuse & Mental Health Service Administration.
Legacy Laboratory Services is an independent reference laboratory offering extensive medical testing services in the region and connectivity solutions for both laboratory information systems and electronic medical records.
Legacy Health, the largest nonprofit, community-owned health system serving the Portland-Vancouver area and the mid-Willamette Valley, seeks to improve our community by helping people live healthier and better lives. To support good health, Legacy provides a range of services not found in any other single system: multiple hospitals, a children’s hospital, primary and urgent care, and complete medical specialties. We partner with many groups to build a healthier community for all. Plus, we value diversity and innovation as we look for ways to improve health care and create a legacy of health for all. Legacy Health has six hospitals with dedicated children’s care at Randall Children’s Hospital at Legacy Emanuel, more than 70 primary care, specialty and urgent care clinics, nearly 3,000 doctors and providers, 14,000 employees, plus lab, research and hospice, and a partnership with PacificSource health plan.
Mission and Values
Organizational values, mission and strategic goals are clearly understood and demonstrated. Responsible for communicating and incorporating Legacy’s values, mission and goals in all activities.
Operations and Management
Services are provided effectively and efficiently and established resources are managed to optimize Legacy, operating unit, and departmental goals.
• Responsible for development/enhancement of clear management structure, personnel functions, financial systems to effectively develop product line.
• Initiate/direct system program activities relating to clinical redesign, outcome studies, DRG reviews, etc.
• Develop/direct/monitor mechanisms to standardize supplies, equipment, inventory, and explore opportunities to maximize the system’s purchasing power.
• In cooperation with marketing division, develop clear marketing plan for program service line as appropriate.
• Communicate relevant local and national issues relating to program area regarding government policies, regulatory agencies, and marketplace to Legacy constituency as appropriate.
• Develop and control operating and capital budget and financial strategies for program service line.
• Responsible for achieving program fiscal objectives.
• Monitor/report/correct discrepancies in operational/management/financial goals.
• Structures and implements a program for achieving and maintaining licensure and accreditation with relevant agencies.
• Assures compliance with State and Federal rules and regulations.
• Structures and implements a program for achieving and maintaining compliance with billing and financial regulations.
Quality Care and Service
The expectations of all customers are understood and exceeded through the provision of quality service.
• Assure the development, implementation and evaluation of clinical standards of care, practice, and performance.
• Responsible for establishing/monitoring/improving quality planning and monitoring in all service areas.
• Responsible for providing customer feedback regarding program to interested constituencies.
Business is designed and developed in conjunction with Legacy Health System’s mission to meet current and future customer needs.
• Develop annual operating plan (strategic plan, capital, operating budget) utilizing system-wide representatives in development process.
• Develop/enhance communicate program vision/plans in keeping with Legacy Strategic Plans.
Work environment of departments reflects a positive atmosphere, high employee satisfaction and competence, and strong evidence of teamwork.
• When appropriate, develop common job descriptions, standards of performance, centralized information for all sites.
• Utilize system/program internal surveys to determine job satisfaction, management feedback from staff.
• Develop/implement/monitor program wide activities/services that increase satisfaction and competence of employee programs.
LEADING AT LEGACY:
Demonstrates the ability to act consistently with Legacy’s Values in Action, exemplifies our core organizational values, and exhibits the leadership competencies outlined in Leading at Legacy.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled