Every aspect of what we do at Legacy reinforces our commitment to improve the lives of our staff, our patients and our visitors. Information Services is no exception. IS drives so much of what we do, and we look for experts in the field to lead the way. Do you have your finger on the pulse of information systems for business and health care? Can you analyze, build, test, support and maintain systems that will benefit our hospital system and those we serve? If so, we’d like to hear from you.
System Engineer III – Server Infrastructure Automation Engineering
This position will be responsible for optimizing our production IT systems for performance and cost efficiencies, leveraging automation tools to streamline work efforts, and independently diagnosing and resolving platform hosting issues in the Windows Server and cloud environment in a timely manner. The ideal candidate will be able to learn and adapt to new technologies quickly in a rapidly changing IT environment, be self-directed and a problem solver, and have excellent oral and written skills. Successful candidates value collaboration, innovation, and are excited about optimizing delivery of care to our patients, families, and partners.
The System Engineer III serves as the intermediate technical member of an engineering team. Our successful candidate is skilled in understanding and integrating with APIs across the environment and will work across multiple disciplines to deliver IS products and services to the organization that scale efficiently while improving performance and minimizing costs. The System Engineer will be focused on server core infrastructure and will be a critical member of large application and infrastructure projects both on premise and in the cloud. The position will require experience and working knowledge of integration techniques, automation skills, and Agile methodologies to deliver information services in an efficient and repeatable manner while reducing technical debt and eliminating redundant tasks through automation. Automation technologies include Microsoft Azure, Azure Devops, Powershell, Chef, Python, .Net, R script, and Power BI. Infrastructure technologies include Cisco UCS, Hyper-V, Windows Servers, Cohesity, Pure, Rubrik, certificate services, Active Directory, DFS, and security solutions.
The System Engineer III will be responsible for many functions including, but not limited to:
- Project contribution for enterprise server, authentication, and security services.
- Provide technical consultation on projects or other efforts to ensure well informed decision making.
- Identify new ways to leverage cloud and automation services to streamline and accelerate velocity within the discipline.
- Adhere to Agile focused code pipelining and automation methodologies and contribute code following Azure Devops best practices.
- Weave together intricate systems using a security first mindset and leveraging a variety of languages to increase quality and reliability of data exchanges and creating data insights for decision making.
- Independently diagnose and resolve escalated issues quickly and efficiently, be a contributing member to cross-team server and infrastructure focused projects.
- Create and maintain comprehensive technical and process/procedural documentation.
- On call responsibilities for systems and services that include escalations as they relate to server, security, and authentication related infrastructure.
The System Engineer III works with customers, stakeholders, analysts, architects, and other engineers to troubleshoot and find root cause of technology and security defects. They must be excellent team players and have demonstrated experience across multiple systems. The System Engineer III may be a thought leader for certain technologies.
Education: Bachelor's degree in science, engineering, computer science, math, information systems, statistics or business required. Relevant experience (min. of 4 years) may be substituted for educational requirements.
Experience: 2+ years of experience in delivery of IT solutions to include server, storage, network, client systems engineering and/or security engineering required. 3-5+ years of experience preferred.
Skills: Thorough understanding of current development and trends in Information Technology and intermediate level experience in one or more of the following domains:
Infrastructure engineering: network, server, storage, voice, and/or information security
Data center engineering
Data architecture and data exchange
Windows and Linux
Public cloud environments
Strong soft skills, verbal and written communications, including the ability to turn complex technical topics into understandable terminology is a necessity.
This position must have the proven ability lead intermediate projects and initiatives from kick off to completion.
This position builds trust among colleagues, be a continuous learner, and focus on delivering capabilities for the customer.
LEGACY’S VALUES IN ACTION:
Follows guidelines set forth in Legacy’s Values in Action.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled
Professional and/or technical certifications are preferred